I love to use coconut oil from cooking healthy breakfast, to oil pulling in the morning for a healthy dental care, and for hair leave in hair treatment overnight!
Coconut oil is great for our skin because it helps to delay the occurrence of wrinkles because it contains antioxidant Vitamin E, known to protect skin cells from damage over time. The Vitamin E found in coconut oil soothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis,
“Moisturizing, Antiaging and Antiviral Properties.”!
“Coconut oil is beneficial to restoring dry and flaky skin.”!
I personally do not use coconut oil alone on my skin, I have acne/oil prone skin. Placing any kind of oil with great amount of fatty acids can clog my pores. I like to use coconut oil as a mask treatment that has other ingredients added with it!
- Great coconut oil mask: Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, one tablespoon of almond oil, and three table spoon of lemon oil, and 1 teaspoon of tee tree oil. This is great for people who have acne prone skin because you have both moisturizing, evening skin tone, and antibacterial all in one! This is also great for people with sensitive skin as well.
- Coconut oil is great for nails and feet because Coconut oil contains 3 fatty acids: capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid. Each of these acids kill candida, a common cause of fungal infection on your skin. Therefore, coconut oil can be great for cuticle care and foot scrub.
- Coconut oil great for body scrub: Add 4 tablespoons of coconut butter, 4 tablespoons of shea butter, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 4 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 4 tablespoon of organic sugar. Mix all the ingredients together. Finally, go inside the shower. Scrub the natural body scrub that you now made all over your body. This will get rid of any dead layers of skin, promote healthy blood circulation around your body, and promote cellular regeneration.
- Great for sunburn: After a long day a sun, sometimes we forget to reapply sunscreen and get sun burnt. We can use the coconut oil for sunburn because it has vitamin E that help with preventing skin damage.
- Coconut Oil has an SPF of 4, which blocks 75% off UV radiation, we can apply it during our daily life inside the house to protect our skin from radiation entering the house through our windows. However, it is a myth that coconut oil is great as a sunscreen please be advised to use a proper SPF 50 sunscreen to protect your skin from sun. Also please please remember to reapply every 30 min.
- Great for cold sore: Dabbing coconut oil on them can help speed up healing time, alleviate pain and reduce the risk of scarring or discoloration.
- Lip scrub: You can use the coconut oil to prevent your lips loosing its plumpness due to it being great in vitamin E. Mix 2 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon mint to scrub off dead layer of skin off your lips which will promote blood flow to your lips giving you a nice full healthy looking lips.
- Massage couple of drops of coconut oil into your hair, this will promote healthy hair growth and give you that nice shiny hair.
- Shaving Gel: Use coconut oil as a natural shaving cream. It will prevent ingrown hair by loosening the pores where the hair growth is, and give you that nice shave without the razor burn.
- Coconut oil is amazing for stretch marks because it softens the skin, promote skin elasticity, and due to it having vitamin E the marks will heal better.